Corporate Communication, External Communication, Associate Director
総務・広報 - 広報・CSR
The candidate selected as the Associate Director, Corporate Communication, External Communication, is a critical member of the Corporate Affairs team. The position leads efforts to build and reinforce the Lilly brand in Japan and/or targeted communities (public, government and key stakeholders) with a strong understanding of both traditional and social media and a vision for new innovative ways of communicating, aligned with our strategic purpose.
The candidate will lead the strategic planning and execution of external corporate communication programs, closely working with Japan, U.S. and global business colleagues within Lilly as well as with cross-functional colleagues within Lilly Japan, such as those supporting Business Unit Communications, Executive Communications, Employee Communications, and Government Affairs. The candidate must approach the work with a Team Lilly mindset – in other words, be flexible and find ways to support the greater good.
■Specific responsibilities include:
• Develop integrated corporate branding strategy and manage/execute overall external corporate communication to reinforce corporate reputation, working closely with Corporate Communication, Internal Communication team.
• Lead digital communication enhancement efforts at the corporate level (e.g. corporate website, SNS, etc.)
• Develop and drive Social Impact plan (e.g. CSR activity) to reinforce corporate reputation and trust
• Manage Executive Communication to share the key messages effectively.
• Anticipate, prioritize, and prepare to manage possible negative issues in the media.
• Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners, including JPMA, PhRMA.
• Responsible for direct reports’ performance through coaching, maximizing the individuals’ strength to achieve consistent high-performance to help us win as Team Lilly.
Travel : Local travel will be required time to time including 2-3 days working from the office (either in Tokyo or Kobe)
International Travel might happen once a year.experience for communications.
Business title: Associate Director-CA-C/C&External Communications
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, Public Relations, Journalism, or a related field.
• Minimum 6-years of experience in communications or public relations (preferably in pharmaceutical industry)
• Experience supporting corporate communication/reputation management.
• Demonstrated influence with business partners and senior leaders.
• Japanese Native (preferred) or very fluent English Fluent
• Minimum of 8-years Experience in the development and execution of strategic and creative communications plans, including digital and social media.
• Successful experience working with cross-functional teams, including collaboration and consensus building.
• Supervisory experience be preference.
• Experience dealing with national and local media, trade, and social media, and/or professional/trade and third-party organizations required, including interacting with A-list media and serving as a spokesperson.
• Experience in collaborating with and effectively guiding third-party vendors, including PR agencies.
• Exceptional writing and communication skills required both in English and Japanese, including executive communications and speechwriting.
• Experience in global communications programming and coordination.
• Experience in crisis communications.
• Expert judgment in critical decision-making on issues impacting reputation and is sought after as a trusted advisor.
• Must be agile and innovative: Leverages an agile and creative mindset to adapt to change and drive innovative value creation, continuous process improvement, and proactive learning through new technology, processes, and people.