The candidate selected as the Senior Director Business Unit/Environmental Shaping Communications; is a critical member of the Corporate Affiars team. The position will wear two hats as a “trainer/coach” and “player” which involves work across the entire products portfolio to manage synergies between each product marketing teams and lead BU Comm teams to ladder up to our overarching strategic purpose. The candidate will build the Lilly Japan product portfolio reputation through internal and external communications as well as Environmental Shaping efforts including earned media, thought leadership, advocacy and partnership activations, patient advocacy programs and campaigns, while providing strategic support to other corporate affairs team members. The candidate will also train the BU Comm team to gain best in class communication skillset and bring the team to the next level.
The candidate will report to the Associate Vice President of the Corporate Affairs team. The Senior Director will work closely with Japan, U.S. and global business colleagues within Lilly as well as with cross-functional colleagues within the Lilly Japan, such as those supporting Executive Communications, Corporate Digital and Social Media, Employee Communications, and Government Affairs. The candidate must approach the work with a Team Lilly mindset – in other words, be flexible and find ways to support the greater good.
■Specific responsibilities include:
• Guide and direct all products and environmental shaping communications efforts for the entire products that Lilly Japan holds.
• Develop and lead disease state and consumer communications for patients, caregivers, and health care teams that ladder back to business strategic objectives.
• Provide support of data and regulatory milestones for Lilly’s work in the area that Lilly Japan offers products.
• Coordinate effectively with global BU Comm teams to ensure consistent, global implementation of Lilly’s communications.
• Maintain strong working relationships with cross-functional internal and external partners, including Senior and Executive Leaders.
• Role model effective counsel to business leaders by listening, understanding, and providing credible expertise, relevant insights, and transparent feedback.
• Assignments could include oversight and/or hands-on support of message and materials development (i.e., press releases, website/microsite copy, video scripts, social content, standby statements, backgrounders) and issues preparedness, deploying innovative ways to drive support of Lilly’s work within the Lilly Japan’s marketed products communities.
• Lead, coach and develop a team of communicators including managing performance, leveraging the unique strengths of employees, and supporting the career development of team members to help us win as Team Lilly.
■Additional responsibilities include:
• Media training, communications counsel and coaching internal business partners.
• Oversight of associate directors and senior counsel in ongoing work with PR agencies.
• Anticipate, prioritize, and prepare to manage possible negative issues in the media.
• Develop and edit communications for media such as press releases, internal Q&As, videos and fact sheets.
• Develop and edit communications for internal use (newsletters, videos, emails, speeches, etc.).
• Conduct and/or facilitate interviews with local, national, and international media outlets.
• Partner with communications contacts in our global affiliates.
• Assist with other communications projects as assigned.
Travel : Local travel will be required time to time, including 2-3 day work from the office
International Travel might happen once a year.
Business title: Senior Director – CA-Product Communication