The Japan Amazon Logistics (AMZL) team is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Engineer for the Material Handling Equipment Engineering team to lead the team responsible for defining specifications and monitoring performance of the Material Handling Equipment in our Japanese Delivery Station Network to build a world class last mile operation.
This role requires an experienced Engineer with experience to lead a technical team with responsibility for automation, engineering, planning and analysis of the Material Handling Equipment in AMZL Delivery Stations. This individual will own the team that partners with Process Engineering teams, Operations leaders, Facilities and Engineering teams to effectively operate deploy Material Handling Equipment across Amazon's last mile network.
This role will be based in Tokyo, Japan and involves frequent domestic travel. You will also partner with European and Worldwide counterparts to support parallel development projects.
More Information (Japanese Only)
・Department: Last Mile(AMZL)
*Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/disability/jp
■Key job responsibilities:
- Lead Material Handling Equipment automation projects
- Update equipment specifications based on various factors; labor, cost, safety, performance, etc. working with Process Engineering and Operations partners
- Support field engineering teams in deploying the specified equipment at sites across Japan
- Monitor performance of the installed equipment in JP by measuring success criteria for meeting metrics for safety, productivity and quality
- Support lessons learnt program for to understand improvements needed for specifications iterations
- Work with Worldwide teams to understand development plans in other regions and opportunities for bringing new ideas to Japan
- Support development and implementation of Service and Maintenance concepts for AMZL Field teams
■休日：週休二日制, 祝日, 土, 日