Basic purpose of the job
The manager of CMC RA has different responsibility in the area of drug development, the law compliance, management and training. In this function, the role exercises activities which include:
Provide strategic CMC regulatory guidance to the relevant functions in the global department as well as Japan Clinical Development Team and other cross functional teams in Japan throughout the early development phase of new medicinal products (new chemical entities or new biological entities with or without linked medicinal devices), product maintenance and optimization (PMO) period.
- Guide group members as Local Regulatory Lead where applicable, on the development of investigational products towards submission, approval, and coordination of regulatory maintenance activities taking into account and being compliant to Japanese regulations.
Provide leadership to develop CMC regulatory strategies, provide CMC documentation, create and manage application form (using FD system) in cooperation with relevant interfaces for timely submissions and approvals.
- Support regulatory activities associated with all types of registration and maintenance of approval drug products.
[- Manage licenses for marketing authorization holder and wholesaler, where applicable]
- Manage JP Registration Activity, FMA and MF
- Ensure successful implementation of change and launch of labeling on packaging materials, in terms of time, legally authorized texts, designs and specifications.
- Review regulatory relevant descriptions on artworks and codes for packaging of printed materials.
- Masking of CMC relevant descriptions on Drug information in Document to be disclosed.
Follow regulatory standards, provides analysis, advises on and implement regulatory strategies and departmental policies and utilize resources consistent with the overall goals and objectives of the RA Japan as well as keep up to date on maintenance of marketing authorization, registrations and license status of NBI from the regulatory, scientific and pharmaceutical perspective.
The role has the overall regulatory compliance responsibility with Japanese regulations of CMC submissions and Regulatory Compliance in general.
- The role interacts intensely with other functions (e.g. pre-clinical and KPRI’s departments, HP Supply, Legal, Communications) to assure a compliant release and drug distribution, the implementation of authority instructions based upon regulatory procedures, drug labelling obligations and others.
Act as LRL and/or contact point of GRLs for assigned projects/products, registration submissions and Regulatory Compliance, and be a trusted partner to health authorities as well as BI.
Contribute the development of staff members for their expertise, competencies and career plans.