Innovation Acceleration Expert - Japan
経営・事業企画 - 営業推進・企画
マーケティング・商品開発 - PR
マーケティング・商品開発 - プロダクトマネージャー・ブランドマネージャー
マーケティング・商品開発 - 商品企画・開発（マーケティング）
マーケティング・商品開発 - トレードマーケティング
Job Title: Innovation Acceleration Expert - Japan
Direct Supervisor’s Job Title： Head of Innovation Team - Japan
Context around the job
In today’s world, our markets are increasingly more fragmented, and our consumers more demanding. We need to transform our Marketing to collectively improve our operational effectiveness, while we engage our consumers more deeply with the creation of breakthrough and award-winning brand and product storytelling, the activation of sharper digital plans, and the development of quicker and more impactful innovation.
The latter requires a specific focus and expertise as well as a strong consumer centric approach. For this reason, regional Innovation Hubs are being created, each serving the markets and consumers from the region (EMEA-LATAM, Asia and North America), and working closely with and across all Brand Companies.
We are hereby looking for an Innovation Acceleration Expert for Japan, reporting to Head of Innovation Team in Japan. The role will be located in Japan and in charge of leading TLO phase of innovation for our strategic international brands in 2 consumer types (Trendy chic and Aging population). He or she needs to be a strong and collaborative project manager from innovation or marketing background with a true passion for innovation, and track record in brand building through experience planning and activation (including knowledge of trade and sales mechanics).
Contribute to drive powerful and scalable innovations on our strategic international brands, by bringing consumer-centric innovations to markets in a timely way and through efficient strategies proven from TLO approach.
Contribute to develop and foster an innovation culture within the group
1. Build Strong Route to Consumer models implementing an Innovation roadmap for the 2 specific consumer segments to accelerate on bringing bold innovations to market:
o Being the Enabler creating structures and processes so that innovation can happen in the organization, being able to understand what’s in the middle between the product concept/idea (developed by the ideation team) and the final consumer
In accordance and coordination with the regional innovation hub innovation process, build tailor made market innovation approaches
Define launch plans & TLOs
Coordinate in-market tests within TLO perimeter
Build bridges and proximity between the product and the customer fostering on sales department engagement
o Being the Activator developing & coordinating the strategic launch together with the market:
With the support of the market define objective models to define the innovation size of the prize and build market specific business case
Support the market on building the best launching plan for the product knowing which best practices are to put in place for a specific product, target, channel combination but as well the possible obstacle and how to overcome it
Ensure that local market budgets are being spent smartly
Create concrete and objective models for monitoring and evaluating the ongoing market result to support further decisions and apply adjustment when needed
2. Contribute to design the Innovation roadmap to accelerate innovation pace in the area in context of Asia’s Transform 2030 agenda:
o Aggregate business needs and gaps in terms of Innovation
o Determine key priority projects (6/12/18/24 months plan) aligned with those.
3. Drive consumer centricity across the business and Foster strong collaboration and interaction within the Asia Innovation HUB, Brand Companies and Markets:
o Engage with Regional Market Cos, Brand Cos, Region, GBD and Commercial teams in-market and contribute to create a true consumer centric innovation community.
o Be a strong contributor of the design and implementation of the mid/long-term roadmap within the assigned markets to create a true consumer centric NPD and build sustained competitive advantage versus competition.
o Challenge / inspire on business opportunities and identify possible synergies and pain-points in markets for an on-going enrichment of global approaches with local specificities.
o Identify and share best practices to feed global Pernod Ricard Innovation and Marketing teams.
o Foster Innovation network (regular meetings, sharing sessions).
Challenges of the Job
1. Play an active role to a major transformation for PR by working very collaboratively with all stakeholders and in particular the Brand Cos, HQ and CIs across affiliates.
2. Have a very deep understanding of the markets’ structures and consumers (customer and trade mechanics, communication and influence levers, etc.) to maximize business impact of innovation
Internal Key Contacts
Brand Companies (Brand and Production teams)
Markets / Management Entities in Japan
CI COE’s and local CIs
Regional Marketing Team
External Key Contacts
Research suppliers / Consultants
■休日：完全週休二日制, GW, 祝日, 年末年始, 土, 夏季休暇, 日
Academic & Professional experience required
• Master’s degree
• At least 5y professional experience in consumer marketing including:
o strong track record on performance delivery and passion for the industry
o experience in trade/sales and with high understanding of financials
o strong experience in cross-functional / cross-markets / cross-brands project management
o experience in product development or strong understanding of operations processes will be a plus
• Languages: Both English and Japanese (strong business proficiency in written and verbal communication) are required
Marketing functional skillset (Leading edge and Mastery requirements)
• Experience planning & activation (Mastery)
• Insights into Action (Mastery)
• Creativity (Mastery)
• Project management (Mastery)
• Digital Acumen (Mastery)
Leadership Attributes & Competencies
The 7 competencies in bold below are mission critical for this role to drive Pernod Ricard’s marketing transformation. Recommendation is that a candidate to be retained for this position should rate at least “Capable” on at least 4 of these 7 capabilities. A professional development plan will be required for the other capabilities to increase the level of proficiency.
• Consumer focus (Consumer centric attribute)
• Cultivates innovation (Consumer centric attribute)
• Tech savvy (Consumer centric attribute)
• Nimble learning (Bold & Agile attribute)
• Drives results (Deliver through collaboration attribute)
• Plans and aligns (Deliver through collaboration attribute)
• Collaborates (Deliver through collaboration attribute)
• Geographical scope: 100% international
• Travel (as % work time): 40-50% TBC
• Performance criteria:
o 50% based on the WHAT (TBC)
o 50% based on the HOW (TBC – Leadership model attributes)
- 就業場所 全面禁煙