Head of Innovation Team - Japan
経営・事業企画 - 事業企画・事業開発
経営・事業企画 - 営業推進・企画
マーケティング・商品開発 - PR
マーケティング・商品開発 - プロダクトマネージャー・ブランドマネージャー
マーケティング・商品開発 - 商品企画・開発（マーケティング）
マーケティング・商品開発 - トレードマーケティング
Job Title: Head of Innovation Team - Japan
Direct Supervisor’s Job Title： Innovation Hub Director Asia
Context around the job
In today’s world, our markets are increasingly more fragmented, and our consumers more demanding. We need to transform our Marketing to collectively improve our operational effectiveness, while we engage our consumers more deeply with the creation of breakthrough and award-winning brand and product storytelling, the activation of sharper digital plans, and the development of quicker and more impactful innovation.
The latter requires a specific focus and expertise as well as a strong consumer centric approach. For this reason, regional Innovation Hubs are being created, each serving the markets and consumers from the region (EMEA-LATAM, Asia and North America), and working closely with and across all Brand Companies.
We are hereby looking for a Head of Innovation Team for Asia to be located in Japan. The person will report to the Asia Innovation Hub Director and will be in charge of innovation for our strategic international brands across 2 consumer types (Trendy chic and Aging population). This role and its team will be located in Japan given these consumer types are over indexed in the market. The Head of Innovation Team will take in requirements from the region and deliver innovation for broader Asia geographies. He or she needs to be an innovation expert, with passion for it, who thrives with complex projects with strong collaboration skills, as well as an experienced manager able to drive a multi-cultural team on a transformational journey.
On his / her scope (markets, consumer targets), drive powerful and scalable innovations on our strategic international brands, fuelled with strong consumer-centricity and proximity to markets (NPD as top priority, then services and experiences when and where relevant).
Contribute to develop and foster an innovation culture within the group
Delivering this implies:
• Driving Consumer Centricity, a key ingredient in the Pernod Ricard brand building model, across the business by putting consumers and shoppers at the heart of all decision making.
• Contribute to building a leading-edge innovation capability in the region, in close collaboration with key Markets and Brand Companies.
• Collaborating and influencing across the affiliates and geographies and managing a multi-cultural team.
1. Drive consumer centricity across the business, on his/her scope:
o Engage with Regional Market Cos, Brand Companies, GBD and CI CoEs to create a true consumer centric innovation for the 2 specific consumer segments (trendy chic and aging population).
o In collaboration with the Innovation Hub Director and in coordination with the other Heads of Innovations teams across the region, design and implement the mid/long-term roadmap within the assigned markets to create true consumer centric NPDs (+services and experiences) to build sustained competitive advantage versus competition.
2. Contribute on building a leading-edge innovation capability to feed business strategy, Portfolio management and local planning in affiliates:
o Setup the Innovation team (Ideation & Acceleration) and contribute to define the detailed ways of working with Brand Companies and Markets, the roles and responsibilities and team members, following the guidelines and principles laid out in the Group Marketing Transformation.
o In collaboration with the Innovation Hub Director and in coordination with the other Heads of Innovations teams across the region, build models to read and anticipate future trends transforming it into concrete product and source of business:
Analyze Macro trend, define strong consumer insight and finally generating product concept
Assess concepts size of the prize and build priorities within them
Create innovation across products, services and packaging
Build prototypes market tests to be replicable to all markets
o Push and support excellence in delivery (Post-Evaluation Analysis, reporting etc.)
o Foster Innovation network (regular meetings, sharing sessions), stating with peers within the region and in other regions.
3. Implement an Innovation roadmap and support market on accelerate on bringing bold innovations to market in context of Asia’s Transform 2030 agenda:
o Determine key priority projects (6/12/18/24 months plan) and ensure they are aligned with market business needs.
o Build structures to fast launch product into market building the right strategy based on objective observations and measures.
Define launch plan & TLO
Coordinate in-market test within TLO perimeter
Coordinate launch Plan together with the market and monitor it
o Aggregate on a yearly basis business needs in terms of Innovation, identify gaps and define holistic agenda on his/her specific scope
4. Foster strong collaboration and interaction with other Innovation Teams, Brand Companies and Markets:
o Feed and work closely with Brand Companies on their respective areas, with relevant innovation concepts that are aligned with their Brand Strategies.
o Challenge / inspire on business opportunities and identify possible synergies and pain-points in markets for an on-going enrichment of global approaches with local specificities.
o Ensure strong collaboration on common projects with Brand Cos / within Market Cos / with GBD Innovation Team through regular catch-up, agreed KPIs.
o Identify and share best practices to feed global Pernod Ricard Innovation and Marketing teams.
5. Ongoing management of key resources: development of direct reports and budget management (direct at area level and indirect with markets to ensure budgets with teams in markets are being spent smartly).
Challenges of the Job
1. Contribute to a major transformation for PR by driving behavioral and process changes from multiple stakeholders with various agenda
2. Increase the pace of innovation and develop the products (incl. services and experiences) of the future that will ultimately be adopted by the consumers and convince the MarketsCo
Internal Key Contacts
Brand Companies (Brand and Production teams)
Markets / Management Entities in Asia
CI COE’s and local CIs
Regional Marketing Team
External Key Contacts
Research suppliers / Consultants
■休日：完全週休二日制, GW, 祝日, 年末年始, 土, 夏季休暇, 日
Academic & Professional experience required
• Master’s degree
• 10y professional experience
• Strong track record in performance delivery with strong innovation affinity and experience
• Direct experience in marketing analytic insight
• Strong experience in cross-functional / cross-markets / cross-brands project management
• Languages: English (strong business proficiency in written and verbal communication). Japanese proficiency is highly preferred.
Marketing functional skillset (Leading edge and Mastery requirements)
• Product Evolution and Innovation (Leading edge)
• Creativity (Leading edge)
• Business Intelligence (Mastery)
• Insights into Action (Mastery)
• Brand & Portfolio strategy (Mastery)
• Project management (Mastery)
• Influencing & Partnering (Mastery)
• Drive for Business Results (Mastery)
• Digital Acumen (Mastery)
Leadership Attributes & Competencies
The 9 competencies in bold below are mission critical for this role to drive Pernod Ricard’s marketing transformation. Recommendation is that a candidate to be retained for this position should rate at least “Capable” on at least 6 of these 6 capabilities. A professional development plan will be required for the other capabilities to increase the level of proficiency.
• Consumer focus (Consumer centric attribute)
• Cultivates innovation (Consumer centric attribute)
• Tech savvy (Consumer centric attribute)
• Resourcefulness (Growth Mindset attribute)
• Drives results (Deliver through collaboration attribute)
• Plans and aligns (Deliver through collaboration attribute)
• Build effective teams (Grow diverse teams attribute)
• Nimble learning (Bold & Agile attribute)
• Geographical scope: 100% international
• Travel (as % work time): 30% TBC
• Performance criteria:
o 50% based on the WHAT (TBC)
o 50% based on the HOW (TBC – Leadership model attributes)
- 就業場所 全面禁煙