The goal of Amazon Logistics is to build a world class last mile operation. Amazon Logistics aims to exceed the expectations of our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small, are delivered as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible.
The Japan Amazon Logistics (AMZL) team is looking to hire an experienced, innovative, hands-on, and customer-obsessed Sr. Automation Engineer to lead the application of the Amazon Robotics (AR) System and Material Handling Equipment (MHE) automation into our Japanese Delivery Station Network.
The successful candidate will be a member of the Japanese Amazon Logistics Innovation Engineering team and will be responsible to define, test, validate and implement various Robotics and Automation systems in the Delivery Stations network in JP region.
This role requires experienced and entrepreneurial minded Engineers with combined robotics, engineering, planning and analytical skills. This individual will own robotics and automation implementation projects end-to-end and will partner with Process Engineering teams, Operations leaders, Facilities and Engineering teams to effectively operate advanced robotics technology across Amazon's last mile network.
This role will be based in Tokyo, Japan and involves frequent domestic travel. You will also partner with EU and WW counterparts to support parallel development projects.
· Identify process paths to automate based on various factors; labor, cost, safety, performance, etc. working with Process Engineering and Operations partners
· Author business cases to introduce automation to the Delivery Stations network in JP to improve performance
· Lead AR and MHE automation pilots in JP by measuring success criteria for meeting metrics for productivity, quality and safety
· Collaboration with internal teams to provide technical documentation such as flow diagrams, equipment layouts, installation details, schedules and budgets for new automation systems to understand integration impacts on existing processes and building design
· Support lessons learnt program for new robotics and automation system to understand improvements needed for next generation design iterations
· Work with design and controls teams to detail out integration plans for MHE automation
· Partner with simulation team for validating new ideas and concepts to automate manual process paths
· Represent AMZL-JP in cross functional teams to work on future technologies; robotics, automation, IoT to seamlessly integrate those into the Delivery Station eco-system
· Support execution of new AR and MHE automation installations in partnership with field teams, defining the scalable turnkey deployment approach that field teams will utilize in the production environment
· Support development and implementation of Service and Maintenance concepts for AMZL Field teams
■休日：週休二日制, 祝日, 土, 日